Thursday, April 10, 2014

Spring Manicure

About 3 weeks ago I decided to try 
shellac and Loved it. 

Pros: It last 2weeks, Very shinny, professional feel. 

Cons: The color I picked was a dull pink, I believe it  was called Almost Bride. And it ended up turing brown at the bottom. Yes, it lasted two weeks however after I peeled it off my nails looks very damaged and chiped. 

Doing your own nails will never compare to getting them done proffesionaly.  However it can get a bit pricey. For my shellac I paid $23.00. Normally I would pay $22.00 for a mani pedi. Which is awesome, but my nails wont last one day without chipping. So I find my self in a dilema everytime its time to do my nails now. Should I do shellac, should I get a regular mani, should I do them myself, or can i just let them looks ugly. Jk. Never that.   
There are soma beautiful colors out now I decide to give my self a maicure. After all the chiped nails and bad experience with a very short lasting manicure I have found what works for me. 


Go get the perfect at home manicure you need  6 things.
1. A base coat, I love the Revlon quick Dry Base Coat, you can find it in any drug store for less than $6.
2. A good top coat. There are many types of top coats, get one that is right for you. It can be a quick dry or the one I prefer Sally Hansen Super Shine top Coat. It leave my nails with an almost get like shine. 
3. The color of your choice, I love this Sinful Color pink for the Spring in the shade 714 Beautiful Girl. 
4. A cuticle pusher, try to invest in a good one instead of buying the wooden orange sticks over and over again. This one I purchased in Duane Read for about  $4.00 
5. A cuticle oil or cuticle remover. The Sally Hansen Gel cuticle Remover is my favorite.  
6. A nail file
  So lets try to save a couple dollars and get our manis done at home, we can splurge on the days we really want to get pampered. 

XOXO
Tiffany, 


No comments:

Post a Comment